_______ _______ | |.-----.--------.| |.-----.-----. | - ||__ --| || - ||__ --| -__| |_______||_____|__|__|__||_______||_____|_____| _______ __ __ | ___|.--------.--.--.| |.---.-.| |_.-----.----. | ___|| | | || || _ || _| _ | _| |_______||__|__|__|_____||__||___._||____|_____|__| Public release, re-written and continued by Carlos Donizete Froes. Holder by copyright Bruno Vedder.
Osmose Emulator means
In brief it's an Sega Master System/Game Gear emulator encapsulated into C++ classes.
Many thanks to Vedder Bruno, the original author of Osmose Emulator.
Osmose Emulator owns a clean graphical user interface based on QT version 5.x, GUI lib powerful enough to refresh display at 60hz.
- Switch sound system to use ALSA. - GUI development using QT5. - Rendering/Key mapping adapted to QTOpenGL. - Configuration system rewritten. - Functional in i386, amd64 and arm architectures.
Dependencies for Debian/Ubuntu/GNU/Linux:
# apt install freeglut3-dev libasound2-dev libqt5opengl5-dev libgl1-mesa-dev mesa-common-dev qt5-qmake qt5-default qtbase5-dev qtchooser zlib1g-dev
To build osmose emulator, do from the source directory.
$ qmake && make
$ make clean && make distclean
- SMS: Good compatibility. At this stage, the emulator can run 96% of commercial games and public demos, except games that relies on codemaster mapper, which work but does not have proper video mode emulated.
- Game Gear: Good compatibility. At this stage, the emulator can run 98% of game gear ROMS.
- SN76489 Sound is supported.
- Support for ".sms" and ".gg" format.
- Video filters: bilinear or nearest neighbour (default).
- Pad(keyboard or joystick mapped) emulation.
- PAL/NTSC Timing.
- Japanese/Export console.
- In game Screenshots, GFX rip, sound shot.
- Configurable keyboard configuration.
- Joystick support, congigurable button assignement.
- Drag and drop your ROMS into the emulator window to run games.
Due to the huge number of game gear/master system (around 1300) roms, games have not been deeply tested.
- This file was officially downloaded from: http://bcz.asterope.fr (Official developer site was deactivated at the end of 2018).
- Continuation of the project from: https://gitlab.com/coringao/osmose-emulator
Osmose Emulator is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
- Copyright (c) 2001-2011 Copyright holder Bruno Vedder
- Copyright (c) 2016-2020 Work continued by Carlos Donizete Froes [a.k.a coringao]