Commit c8dd2149 authored by concreted0g's avatar concreted0g

line breaks

parent 67e8f3c8
So assembling the baffle is carried out in a certain order with the upper plate with the recovery anchor eyebolt assembly glued into the top of the tube first.
Then the inner plates are added with epoxy (I painted mine a little and covered with epoxy to increase their lifespan and make them resist the hot gases better). Then the base baffle plate is added last. Before the baffle assembly is glued into the main body tube I added the recovery bridle. I used some 14.28mm military parachute tape that is easy to find at reasonable prices in the UK and performs well. As its a tubular nylon I opted to stitch a small sock of nomex cloth and stiched it into place covering the first 25cm or so of the nylon again to make it resistant to hot gasses. In a small diameter airframe it is easier to do this now than replace it!
Then the inner plates are added with epoxy (I painted mine a little and covered with epoxy to increase their lifespan and make them resist the hot gases better) are added rotated to create a none direct path for gasses.
Then the base baffle plate is added last again rotated.
Before the baffle assembly is glued into the main body tube I added the recovery bridle.
I used some 14.28mm military parachute tape that is easy to find at reasonable prices in the UK and performs well.
As its a tubular nylon I opted to stitch a small sock of nomex cloth and stiched it into place covering the first 25cm or so of the nylon again to make it resistant to hot gasses.
In a small diameter airframe it is easier to do this now than replace it later!
Markdown is supported
0% or
You are about to add 0 people to the discussion. Proceed with caution.
Finish editing this message first!
Please register or to comment