Can't use commento outside of localhost
I'm trying to set Commento up on an AWS server, and can't get it to respond to requests from outside that machine. I've:
- checked at the packet level (it is always a SYN packet which gets responded to with a RST packet)
- checked there is no port issues (if I run an express server on the same port I can access everything without issue)
- tried the binaries, Dockerfile, from source (both devel & prod)
I feel like I must be missing something obvious.
As a repeatable example of what I'm talking about:
- I install the latest
- Create the following config:
COMMENTO_ORIGIN=http://localhost:8080 COMMENTO_PORT=8080 COMMENTO_POSTGRES=postgres://postgres:MY_PASSWORD@localhost:5432/comments?sslmode=disable COMMENTO_CDN_PREFIX=http://localhost:8080
- Run with the
COMMENTO_CONFIG_FILEenvironment variable set
- I can access through http://localhost:8080, everything works
- Change origin and CDN prefix to my machine's LAN address (i.e. 192.168.0.10:8080)
- I can't access it from anywhere on my LAN (get the instant RST packet response), and also can't access it on the machine it's running
Any suggestions on what I'm missing???