Helm 3 Design
Helm has posted a design proposal for Helm 3 with some major changes: https://github.com/kubernetes-helm/community/blob/master/helm-v3/deisgn-proposal.md
Blatantly copied from the summary:
- Tiller is gone, and there is only one functional component (
- Charts are updated with a new Chart.yaml, overlays, libraries, schematized values, and the ext directory
- Helm will use a "lifecycle events" emitter/handler model.
- Helm has an embedded Lua engine for scripting some event handlers. Scripts are stored in charts.
- State is maintained with three CRDs: Application CRD, Release, and ReleaseVersion. Neither Helm CRD has a controller.
- Resources created by hooks will now be managed
- For pull-based DevOps workflow, a new Helm Controller project will be started
- Cross platform plugins in Lua that only have a runtime dependency on Helm
- A complementary command to
helm fetchto push packages to a repository
Opened this issue for us to plan/discuss.