[Meta] Chart Alpha Release
We have made significant progress on the Helm chart, and we will be ready to release an alpha version soon for customer testing.
The major items remaining:
- Storage persistence
- Documentation improvements
kube-legoon by default, included in the chart, unless customer specifies own TLS secrets. (https://gitlab.com/charts/helm.gitlab.io/issues/155)
- Automatic generation of secrets, unless otherwise specified (https://gitlab.com/charts/helm.gitlab.io/issues/85)
- Helm install should complete before it times out, potentially solved by:
- Reducing the size of GitLab containers
- Allowing GKE to download more than one container at a time
Requirements for alpha release:
- GKE recommended, other k8s deployments may also work. If not, please open issues.
- Kubernetes 1.8+, we recommend 1.8.5.
- RBAC enabled
- We are working to bring Object Storage to CE in our March release in time for Alpha.
- SSL provided by Let's Encrypt, with optional manual certificates
- Internal Redis, Object Storage, Postgres (temporarily via Omnibus package)
- Support for external Redis, Postgres