Hybrid manager-designer-developers are rare. I'm a self-taught developer with a degree in architecture and a minor in graphic design. I spend my free time reading professional journals to keep up to date on industry trends.
❤️ 🎨I love design and development.
🏄 🌴I've travelled the world but California is the only place that feels like home.
📖 📚I value knowledge.
🕹️ 🎮Video games are my primary recreation.
⛳Sports aren't my thing but I do play frisbee golf and volleyball.
🌲 🐈Plants and animals make me happy.
💻 🖱️ I'm platform agnostic. Arch, Debian, Mac, Windows, Chrome, Android, iOS, whatever.
⌨️ ⌨️ I build custom keyboards.
- I operate in a judgement-free zone.
- The phrase "intent vs impact" is of high importance to me.
- I want everyone to succeed. Please let me know if you feel you have been set up for failure.
- I want you to feel comfortable around me. Please let me know if there is any way I can improve.
- I prefer the frank and direct approach and won't take it personally.
- I understand and empathize that others might not like the direct approach.
- I value self-sufficiency.
- I prefer long term thinking over short term thinking.
- I'm a fan of the K.I.S.S principle.
- I honor the 5 Ws. Who, what, when, where, and why? I love it when you ask those questions too.
- Let's document things! Documentation benefits everyone.
- My background in architecture adds a unique behavioral psychology element to my designs.
I'm in the Pacific time zone. That said, I'm happy to be accommodate your schedule. We're all in this together!
Everyone has a different learning style. I learn best by reading, doing, or actively conversing. I don't learn as well from audio-visual sources and I find videos to be distracting.
If a park ranger warns you about the bears, it ain’t cause he’s trying to keep all the bear hugs for himself.
A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?
Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face.
I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Are Your Lights On?
- The First 90 Days
- Elements of Persuasion
- The Oxford Companion to American Food and Drink
- The Architecture of Happiness
- Humans vs Computers
- 101 Things I Learned In Architecture School
- Tao of Jeet Kun Do
- When: The Scientific Secrets of Perfect Timing
- Blood, Sweat, and Pixels