Core / UI
- make DAVx5 ready for TV? there are calendar apps for TV and maybe it makes sense to get e.g. event alarms on the tv
- optimize DAVx5 for Chromebooks & test
- support RTL and set supportsRTL=true
- store and show last (successful) syncs?
- show in debug info → can be used to see whether there already was at least one sync or whether sync is blocked by firmware
- show a notification when an account hasn't been synced for a while, for instance 1 week?
- support PROPPATCH editing of collections (e.g. title, color)
- backup/restore for settings
- generalized backup framework with multiple backends:
- Android (Google Play) backup
- WebDAV backup
- QRcode backup
- discover other users' collections (REPORT principal-property-search)
- create an Intent to receive URLs (e.g. QR code scan), in order to simplify the setup process
About: show dav4jvm✓ 3.3.9
- Make DAVx5 independent from Android Sync Framework to be able to sync also in LAN only environment without internet access
- Create an option to have a permanent notification which makes DAVx5 always a "foreground app" (may prevent killing of sync in background).
- Show the number of records that have been synced in the debug info
- Change the message after clicking the Sync button to "sync has been scheduled" or "Sync will be initiated by Android soon"
CalDAV + CardDAV
- make sure all RFC Requirements are met
- collection list: show owner of each collection
show principal URL3.3.6 ✓
- show principal name
- support RFC8144?
- non-existent properties (which are returned with 404 status line on PROPFIND) should be parseable, i.e. all Property classes should support an empty XML element
- allow entering the email address (ACCOUNT_OWNER) separately from the account name so that the account name doesn't have to be the email address for scheduling
don't allow users to select collections which don't support VEVENT or VTODO components for synchronization3.3.8 ✓
- events: preserve
CUTYPE=group(and possibly other types) attendees even if Android doesn't support them
- tasks: better support for recurring tasks and exceptions from recurring tasks
- allow setting the primaray calendar of the account in DAVx5 UI (and handle CALDAV:schedule-default-calendar-URL)
- support CUSTOM/OTHER contact date types
- add a setting that determines whether user-specific preferences (like whether a contact is starred or assigned ring tones; including photos?) are saved into/restored from vCards (using
- automatic merging in conflict case according to vCard 4
- cooperation with calendar/contacts apps for special properties and features
- easy for a first try: VEVENT URL and other UnknownProperties
- synchronize PGP keys between OpenKeychain and vCard 4 PGP
open-source replacement for FCM: one app that is exempt from battery whitelisting and communicates with other apps/wakes them up (just like the original FCM); users can choose their notification server; protocol: XMPP PubSubsupport OpenPush on server (make PR for eg Nextcloud?) and client (DAVx5)
- little extra App(?) that notifies users when calendar events in local calendars are created/updated/deleted. Users would then see when DAVx5 has synchronized new events, or when entries have been deleted.