Add new page on creating GitLab pipelines
New page - GitLab CI pipelines
This page should be an introduction to writing and maintaining GitLab CI pipelines.
- Who is the intended audience for the new page? all developers, but particularly those starting new projects.
- What value do you expect them to find in the new information? some basics about how pipelines work, pointers to external documentation and best practices.
- Stages and jobs
- Using Docker
- Pinning jobs to servers or environments
- CI variables - scopes, masking, protection
- Rules and
- Best practices
- Use variables wherever possible
- YAML anchors, aliases and merge keys
expose_asespecially with test results
- Testing CI pipelines
- The CI lint
- Further reading:
Where in the navigation structure of the website should your page appear?
- Start here
- Using Git
- Web security
- PHP projects
- Unity Projects
- Phone apps
- Static websites
- Starting a new project
- Infrastructure (full time staff only)
And maybe rename
Using Git as
Using Git / GitLab.