Specify code contribution workflow
The goal is to make it easier for contributors to participate and to ensure the repository remains organized and the commit history is consistent.
- Where should branches be created? (upstream or fork)
- What pattern should we use for branch names?
- What should we use as the format of the commit message?
- Should we add any notations to the commit message?
- Is there a standard system we should follow for commit messages?
- How should we merge? Should we use a fast-forward merge?
If there are additional procedures to consider, please raise them.
- Reach a decision for each question raised above
- Document the procedure in the Development section of the contributing document