Here API Credentials
Not needed for firmware 3092 and newer.
Version 3090 and 3091 require users to provide their own Here API keys to enable the mapping elements to work. Previously we were all using the original keys from Navdy however these expired on Dec 31st, 2019.
Once you've installed 3090 or above and run the navdy display in the car (at least once) you should get a message at startup alerting to the need to supply Here API Credentials.
A free key can be obtained by:
- Create a new account on the Freemium plan on http://developer.here.com/
- Once that's ready, scroll down to the bottom, in the
HERE SDK FOR ANDROID (PREMIUM EDITION)section, hit the
Generate App ID and App Codebutton.
com.navdy.hud.appas the Package Name
- Double check that you've definitely selected Android Premium and got the package name correct; the key won't work otherwise. Even if you're phone is iOS, the display itself runs Android.
- Plug the navdy into computer via micro USB, without holding the power button.
- The light should turn on green and the display should appear like a USB flash drive
- Open the
settingsfolder, then open
credentials.yamlin a text editor, like Notepad.
- if the file doesn't exist, please run the display in your car until the popup about credentials is shown, this is required to create the file.
- Copy the APP ID, APP CODE and LICENSE KEY insider the quote marks in each appropriate field.
- Save and close the file, then eject the flash drive.
- Your navdy should now be ready to use.
See this video for a walkthrough of the entire process, including setting the keys on the display (windows): https://youtu.be/j-OvExReRwA