The "Rate it" button on Updates page opens the wrong store in Edge
- OS version: Windows 10, macOS
- Browser version: Edge (Chromium)
- Extension version: Not version specific
- Last working version: NA
Steps to reproduce
- Open updates page (To do this, you can open the desktop settings page and change "options" in the URL to "updates")
- Click on the "Rate it" button
The Chrome web store is opened
The "Rate it" button opens the corresponding webstore in a new tab. In this case, the Edge store should be opened (https://microsoftedge.microsoft.com/addons/detail/adblock-plus-free-ad-bl/gmgoamodcdcjnbaobigkjelfplakmdhh)
Hints for testers
The cause of this problem (i.e. Edge's application name having changed) likely also led to other issues (e.g. showing parts of the UI that shouldn't be shown; not being able to target Edge users with notifications; sending the wrong application name when opening the first-run page, downloading filter lists, etc.). Therefore it would be great if we could check all Edge-specific parts of the extension.
- Hide rating dialog in desktop settings page.
- Hide rating subsection in updates page (i.e. this issue).
- Hide Adblock Browser promo in local first-run page.
- Hide teaser footer from icon popup.
- Show Edge-specific instructions in data corruption landing page.
Additionally, we used that application name to fix eyeo/adblockplus/adblockpluschrome#152 (closed) but it is unclear how relevant that code is anymore nowadays, considering that most Edge users should've already migrated to Chromium-based Edge by now.