Send pings to the IPM server
Background / User story
We want to send both telemetry data (e.g. what is the user's browser) as well as user event data (e.g. the user clicked a button in the on page dialog) to the IPM server.
There is a document describing the data to be sent in Notion: Telemetry and User Event Data
What to change
- Design: N/A
- Research: N/A
- Spec: N/A
- Legal: N/A
- Implement according to the Notion doc
- The IPM server URL that we have right now is: https://ipm-server-pings-dev-2yjyl75qda-uk.a.run.app/api/stats (relevant thread in Slack is here)
Hints for testers
- Please make sure data is being sent, and that it is in line with the definition on the Notion page
- One ping is sent immediately after starting the extension, and after that, pings are sent in an interval.
- Please make sure the ping interval is followed. The ping interval duration is stored in Prefs, under the
- Note that the
blocked_totalproperty is expected to be always
Hints for translators
Nothing to translate.