Filter management broken in Firefox private mode
- OS version: Ubuntu 20.04
- Browser version: Firefox 100
- Extension version: Adblock Plus 3.13
- Last working version: Adblock Plus 3.12
Steps to reproduce
- Open about:preferences#privacy.
- In the History section, select "Use custom settings for history" and select "Always use private browsing mode".
Note: Selecting "Never remember history" should have the same effect.
- Install test-mv2 extension.
- Go to about:addons and click on the test extension list item.
- Change "Run in Private Windows" to "Allow".
- Install Adblock Plus.
- Make sure that "Allow this extension to run in Private Windows" is checked, so that the extension icon is active and its icon is shown in toolbar.
- Open settings page.
- Add a filter list and a custom filter.
- Reload the extension.
- After 7) Error message is shown in background page: "DOMException: A mutation operation was attempted on a database that did not allow mutations."
- After 8) No filter lists are shown as installed.
- After 10) No filter lists are shown as installed and there are no custom filters shown.
- After 7) No error message is shown.
- After 8) Default filter lists should be shown as installed.
- After 10) Newly added filter list and custom filter should be shown in addition to default filter lists.
This regression was originally reported as eyeo/adblockplus/abc/webext-sdk#231 (closed).