Introduce webext-sdk dependency
Background / User story
In order to be able to switch to the SDK (see #972 (closed)), we need to add webext-sdk as a new dependendy so that we can start using it.
What to change
- Design: N/A
- Research: N/A
- Spec: N/A
- Legal: N/A
- Add vendor/webext-sdk submodule.
- Update npm configuration to run
npm installfrom repository's root directory.
- Update READMEs and GitLab CI configuration accordingly.
Hints for testers
- Extension builds (with and without snippets) should continue to generate successfully, both locally and in the CI.
- Building the extension should also cause SDK bundles to be generated in the vendor/webext-sdk/dist/ directory, but they should not be included in extension builds.
- It should continue to be possible to follow the extension build instructions in the README.
- The webext-sdk git submodule should be resolved in the vendor/ directory.
Hints for translators
To upload designs, you'll need to enable LFS and have an admin enable hashed storage. More information