Add option to opt out of data collection
Background / User story
As we've integrated MoEngage to improve the way we talk to our users, we also need to tackle data collection in order for the build with the changes to be released on AMO.
Add a new toggle option in the Advanced tab at the bottom of the "Customization" list that reads "Opt-out of all data collection in the Adblock Plus extension."
- The toggle UI should match the current implementation (blue check boxes/same font/etc.) present on the general options page tab.
- The "Opt-out of all data collection in the Adblock Plus extension." option should be off by default.
- Turning the option ON should automatically turn off any other data collection choices or options that require data collection to function properly.
The expectation is that this toggle will turn off all data collection in order to satisfy the AMO guidelines. In ABP this is only related to moengage (IPM server).
What to change
- Design: No designs provided
- Research: No prior research
- Spec: spec!428 (merged)
- Legal: TBD
- Development: Add a new Prefs, than when is enabled, will prevent HTTP request to be sent to the IPM server
Hints for testers
- The option should only be visible in Firefox
- When the option is active, no HTTP request should be sent to to the IPM server
Hints for translators
options_data_collection_opt_out_header: Data Collection
options_data_collection_opt_out_description: In order to provide the best possible user experience, the Adblock Plus extension collects some user data by default. You can choose to opt-out of data collection here.
options_data_collection_opt_out_label: Opt-out of all data collection in the Adblock Plus extension.