Image Manager: Change path in all "matching" image frames
When changing the path of an image, it should be possible to optionally change the path in all matching images.
If the selected image has an invalid reference, only images with an invalid reference will match.
Add an "Apply to all Matching images" checkbox in
- Set the image file name in the "Search" dialog (currently it says "... for search").
- select the first item in the list (if any)
- replace all matching
- Add a warning if the "Matching" only replaces broken links.
- Add a button to the manager in the "Image" palette
- Add a tooltip for the matching checkbox
- Find out if other patter matching are useful / should be implemented
- The select button is now always enabled, since the list of matches is never empty.
- There is not a global current item anymore: each function gets the item it works on.
- Should we allow matching sub directories (if the current image is
/tmp/a/a.jpgand i change it to
/tmp/b/a.jpgshould the image
/tmp/a/img/c.jpgbe changed to
/tmp/b/img/c.jpgif that file exists?)
- The first dialog could be a tweaked "Open" dialog
- If the image is missing, there are good changes that the starting point is the current document path: should we automatically use it as the default path or add a button to use it?
- show the files (and previews) when browsing for the new path
- If a document did not have broken links when closed and has some on opening, then warn the user
- and (optionally) open the image manager or the
- warn if the number of missing images has increased / changed since the last save (since the last opening might be enough... and checking all images on save might be expensive).
- Display additional information for PDFs in image frames:
- number of the selected page (number of pages in the pdf)
- type of PDF (1.3, 1.4, ...)
- tool it has been created with
- names of included fonts
- Check if Scribus really needs a
- Recursive search in Manage images
- Efficiency Features to improve Image Manager
- Missing linked ressources improvement
- Choose directory for missing image, with patch
- alert for missing images, with patch
- change image folder
- pictures - path
- Right click menu should propose "Info" as a first option for PDF, as it does for images
- Search imagefolder dialog title should include searched filename
Possible future improvements to the Image manager:
- Make it non-modal (The picture browser is already non-modal).
- Make it usable as a docked palette (set the size of the preview to make it smaller).
- Merge the Image manager and the Picture browser.
- Move the merged "Image manager" to the "Edit" menu with the other managers and call it "Images".
- image manager should be non modal
- Image Info (context menu) should display size WxH of image
- [Feature Request -- full path for Image in the Properties Dialog and/or Context Menu>Information](https://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=9177
- Rename the Picture Browser