This manual is a work in progress. Feel free to contribute and help us to make this manual useful and pleasant to read.
Screen shots are taken and modified with Shutter
Remmina is a feature rich Remote Desktop Application for GNU Linux(tm) and FreeBSD and possibly other Unixes.
- Maintain a list of connection profiles, organized by groups
- Make quick connections by directly putting in the server address
- Remote desktops with higher resolutions are scrollable/scalable in both window and fullscreen mode.
- Viewport fullscreen mode: remote desktop automatically scrolls when the mouse moves over the screen edge.
- Floating toolbar in fullscreen mode, allows you to switch between modes, toggle keyboard grabbing, minimize, etc.
- Tabbed interface, optionally managed by groups.
- Tray icon, allows you to quickly access configured connection profiles
- Remote screen-shots
How to use Remmina
The following are typical use cases
Quick connect using RDP
- Choose the protocol
- Insert the server name
- Click on connect
Create a new Profile
- You can ask Remmina to execute commands before and after the connection
- If you use Avahi, you can search available hosts as highlighted
- You can group different connections.
- Name: this is the name you gave to this connection, it's just for you to recognize it easily.
- Pre-command: what to do before starting the connection
- Post-command: what to do after closing the connection
- Server: here you put the IP address of the remote machine