Compilation for Windows
Following notes by Carlo Cavazzoni:
Instructions for compiling QE on windows with Mingw / MSYS.
- install package mingw-get-setup.exe
- install MinGW and MSYS with gcc and gfortran
- configure / make
- in make.inc I had to modify paths like $(TOPDIR)/Modules into $(TOPDIR)Modules because the double // is not managed by the calls to the windows file system ...
- I had to exclude from the compilation: clib/sockets.c
- then, since the windows file system does not handle the links, when you recompile for any reason you need to delete (every time) the iotk directory
Once done this, I managed to get a working native windows executable ...
You have to pay attention to how to write the paths in the input file, because the I/O calls to the file system do not handle absolute paths, or relative paths containing expressions of the type: "./" "../" "//" Everything works if the input file and the pseudo, as well as the output files are present in the workbook and in the input you specify only path from the working folder down