Editor: Threaded loading
Loading of content stacks should be moved into a separate thread so that it does not block the application on longer loads.
Important points to consider:
- The user needs some kind of feedback if the load process is not nearly instant. Maybe a small dialogue window should be shown in this case (with a progress bar).
- On longer loads the user needs to be able to abort the loading. Abort button in the dialogue window mentioned above?
- In case of loading multiple content files, maybe 2 loading bars should be shown. One that progresses for each finished files and one that progresses for each record of the current file (and resets at the beginning of the next file).
- The actual document window should only be shown once the content stack has been fully loaded (because before that there is no document).
- The user should be allowed to load several content stacks in parallel. Eventually we need a proper thread pool implementation (both for loading and for multi-threaded operations), but for now an unpooled implementation is okay.
(RM-649 from redmine: created on 2013-03-21 by Marc Zinnschlag, , closed on 2014-05-10 by Marc Zinnschlag)