OpenMW-CS: Region Map - creating and editing exterior cells
Cells are basic world building units in OpenMW and they come in two types – exterior and interior. Exterior cells represent continuous terrain and fit on a world grid at specific coordinates.
Current workflow for creating exterior cells is less than optimal. They are created one at a time in the Cells list and by manually typing the coordinates. There are two problems with this:
- Creating the cells one by one is time consuming.
- The coordinates don’t offer a visual idea where in the world the newly created cells are.
This issue proposes the Region Map gets extra functionality to solve these problems:
- Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH7PHs6S2v0
- Create and modify cells
- Assign regions
- Offer a preexisting grid on which the cells can be created
- Outline the game-world that exists from the cells
- Pan the view without using the scroll bars
- Double click to select all cells of the same region
- Show grid coordinates
Nice to haves, but go beyond this issue:
- Show terrain height in Region Map
- Create new regions, their names and colors from the Region Map
- Apply a grayscale image to modify terrain height of selected cells