OpenMW-CS: Gizmo improvements
Gizmo is a heart of any 3D interaction.
But the current implementation is very limited and for any effective workflow it should be improved. Let's talk about how to do it.
1. Plane (XY, YZ, XZ axis) support.
- One of core functions of gizmo in almost all 3D editors. Must have!
2. Axis constraint when double-click on desirable axis and highlights it.
- Nice addition to Blender-style axis constraints (!194 (closed)). With this function we'll get a visual indication of locked axis and ability to use axis constraints without hotkeys.
- Opacity, thickness, size, color etc. For example, OpenMW-CS gizmo looks too thick now and I want to correct it to more familiar style.
4. Preserve a gizmo size when zooming.
- Another generic function of gizmo and QoL improvement.
There are some open-source gizmo libraries, so it maybe will help.