Full install / update of permanent release
This version will be installed on the system partition and replace the currently installed firmware on the watch. It will therefore survive reboots without any additional activities (no PC needed when booted). In case, you want to go back, you would need to reflash the original firmware. (I will provide installers for going back.)
This install features my "unbrickable" boot image. This is a boot image that will still allow adb access to the watch, even if the system partition has been completely damaged. While it is surely not 100% unbrickable, it will cover for most of the typical brick cases. Together with using the recovery for installation (same as Huami is using), this process should be pretty safe.
- Download the zip file to your PC and unzip the content
- connect your watch to the PC and validate it is visible: "adb devices". You should see your watch listed.
- push the following files onto the sdcard of the watch (you need to have at least 700MB free on the watch):
- "adb push update.zip /sdcard/" (This will take several minutes.)
- "adb push recovery.img /sdcard/"
- "adb push start_update.sh /sdcard/"
- "adb push md5s.txt /sdcard/"
- You need to have root available on the watch for installation. This can be achieved via:
- In case you are already running PACEfied 1.2.5a or 1.2.6b, you have root and don't need to do anything.
- In case you are running a later version of PACEfied, then you need to type "adb root" to switch to root mode.
- in case you are running an original firmware (US or CN version), you need to download this file link1 and follow the included instructions.
- Enter the shell on the watch: "adb shell". You should see a "#" and not a "$". This shows, you have root access on the watch.
- Start the installation process: "cd /sdcard/; sh start_update.sh". You should see something like this:
# Validating files... # Flashing recovery... # Rebooting into recovery for installation...
The system will then boot into recovery, where the PACEfied ROM is installed. PLEASE DO NOT INTERRUPT THE PROCESS. The process can take about 10 minutes. The recovery will automatically reboot the watch when it is finished. 7. Enjoy.