Reading the title, you may have heard of such a suggestion before. However, I have some ideas for moons. They’re listed in order of most basic to most specific (and thus least likely to be used if moons are added)
1) Moons have lower gravity than their host worlds. This will mean stronger buffs and nerfs. Specifically, I was thinking about Jump Boost, and the new 1.13 effect, Slow Falling. With StarLegacy preparing to update to 1.13, Slow Falling is a great low-gravity option. Barring that, high levels of Levitation (245-254 or so) have a similar effect. Perhaps to match the increased jumping ability, a speed boost is in order. This would make moons different from planets in a very notable way.
2) Most moons require a space suit. Just as in real life, very very few moons have atmospheres, and fewer still have livable atmospheres. Obviously StarLegacy has a strong fantasy element, so perhaps a few livable moons are in order. However, most of them, in my opinion, ought to be rather dangerous.
3) Moons have physically less space than their planets. On StarLegacy, planets are a few thousand blocks long and wide. Moons should be smaller. This seems self-explanatory.
4) Some planets have more than one moon. Just as in real life, some planets have no moons, but many have more than one. Perhaps a couple planets could even be endowed with a large quantity of moons, to make them into likely commerce centers?
5) Moons are given unique resource distributions. This will make moons useful or useless in a number of ways. Perhaps some moons have resources similar to their planets, as Earth’s moon does to Earth. Perhaps some moons are barren wastelands with no use to speak of. However, perhaps a few moons have unique resources that have yet to be added to StarLegacy. Perhaps if the developers decide to add new ores (red mushroom block perhaps?), moons can be those new ores’ homes.
I hope you consider this suggestion. I think that moons would be a great addition to StarLegacy, adding new territory to colonize, new places to be, new challenges and new bounties. Also, moons exist in real life, don’t they? Thanks for reading!