ArcMenu version 45 has been released
Hi from the - ArcMenu Team
We are pleased to announce the release of ArcMenu version 45, this is another significant release for bug fixes, code refactoring and a few minor UX changes and some really awesome feature additions, as always suggestions and feedback are welcome.
There are more features and fixes and UX/UI changes in this release for you to discover, please see the summarized change-log below.
- Full details can be found in the commits.
ArcMenu version 45 is now Live on Gnome extensions
You will need to be running one of the following gnome-shell versions for v45;
- Gnome-shell 3.36
(1) - Major refactoring of all menu layouts.
Extend each menu layout class from new baseMenuLayout class
" One menu to rule them all "
This is one of the most significant changes in this release although its not the most glamorous its definitely the most note worthy change to be merged, Andrew Zeach our lead JS developer has painstakingly refactored nearly 10000 lines of code and created a baseMenuLayout from which all other layouts extend from, what this means in real world usage is that the performance of ArcMenu is now Noticeably faster and the code base is now trimmed down and leaner and more maintainable and extendable for future updates.
This also has the added benefit for those developers who want to design their own menu layouts, they can now use our custom baseMenuLayout and extend it using our in code widget elements perfect for contributing back to the ArcMenu Project and maybe having your designed layout featured in our code base.
(2) - Recently installed applications indicator
We are really pleased to bring this feature to ArcMenu, the recently installed application indicator feature allows you to be notified via indicators when new software is installed on your system to allow you to pinpoint where and what has been installed on your system.
Also we have included a indicator color changer to allow you to configure even the indicators color to suite your system theming and configuration.
(3) New Browse Presets - (Themes).
- We have introduced in this release the ability to import pre built themes for ArcMenu designed by the ArcMenu Team, you can customize, edit and even base your own designs off the themes just another feature we feel will help get that perfect customization for your system.
|Video Illustration (How to import)||Browse Presets - (Settings)|
Change-log for ArcMenu-v45
- Fix Makefile and metadata.json when pulling from git. (#266 (closed), #265 (closed), #257 (closed))
- Show commit number in prefs when available
- Use Ease instead of Tweener for tooltip animations.
- Looks like 3.36 will soon drop tweener support https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-shell/-/merge_requests/1200
- Fix padding on Budgie, GnomeMenu.
- Fix expand and fill properties on certain layouts.
- Update a few strings in prefs.
- Add setting to change "New" app text indicator color.
- Update .pot file
- Fix recently installed apps indicator for nested sub category menus
- Use fallback icon name if category menu gicon missing
- Add 'Searchbar Location' and 'Flip Horizontally" tweaks to Redmond layout
- Fix minor display issues with "Pin to ArcMenu" feature
- Fix indents in schema file
- Remove a few unused strings in prefs.js
- menuButtonPanel.js - Variable name change
- Major refactoring of all menu layouts. Extend each menu layout class from new baseMenuLayout class.
- Add recently installed applications indicator
- Arc Menu Layout - Add 'Disable User Avatar' 'Flip Horizontally' 'Searchbar Location' Tweaks.
- Add "Disable Searchbox Border" setting
- Add "Browse Presets" feature to import preset themes designed by the ArcMenu team