Sim not detected (org.codeaurora.ims crash)
Nexus 5X (bullhead) was working fine with 15.1 from September 2018. On a whim, I reflashed to nightly (19 Jan 2019) flashing a new bootloader+radio+vendor.
This seems to break the baseband: no SIM detected, no baseband-related info in "About Phone".
Tried moving back and forth the bootloader/radio/vendor image:
- 8.1.0 (OPM7.181205.001, Dec 2018) = latest
- 8.1.0 (OPM7.181105.004, Nov 2018) = one-before-latest
- 8.1.0 (OPM6.171019.030.K1, Sep 2018) = old
Symptoms persist after upgrading/downgrading the firmware.
Could not attempt reflashing old Lineage, as nightlies only go as far as January 15th. Did not see fit to check with the different recent nightlies of 15.1, as no sim-related-change happened in them.
Network avaiable including 4G after SIM is detected.
- Crash notification for
- No sim detected (attempted with 2 different known-working cards)
Change between ~September 2018 of Lineage causes
org.codeaurora.ims to crash on the Lineage side (as reflashing with old firmware doesn't fix), and this causes baseband to not be available = SIM to not be detected.
Steps to Reproduce
- Flash latest firmware + Lineage 15.1 nightly to device
- Observe "No sim detected"
Log of failure on my side: logcat.txt
/device bullhead /version lineage-15.1 /date 2019-01-19 /kernel 3.17.73-g65a266a /baseband M8994F-18.104.22.168.03 /mods F-Droid
I have read the directions.