GPS not working Nvidia Shield tablet official 14.1-20190102-NIGHTLY-shieldtablet
GPS location data should reach applications.
No GPS location data reaches any application that requires it. GPS diagnostic app's report that GPS receiver is "on" but that the GPS receiver is searching for satellites and has no fix.
This may have started more than one build ago, I have not had to use the GPS location features on the tablet in a month or two.
I cannot honestly say that this might not be a hardware failure. I only have one tablet to test on. However, the stock Shield builds from Nvidia have had a history of problems like this (one of the things I fixed by going to Lineage!) so I'm more suspicious of a software problem than a hardware problem. It was working on previous Lineage builds.
Steps to Reproduce
- Ensure that location services are properly configured in setup.
- Ensure that all relevant app's have location privileges.
- Ensure that the device has a clear view of the sky.
- Start any GPS-centric app except Google Maps (which does some sort of magic with WiFi to figure out where you are).
- Observe the app not get location data from GPS receiver.
/device Nvidia Shield Tablet /version lineage-14.1-20190102-NIGHTLY-shieldtablet /date 2019-01-02 /kernel 3.10.96+ gitlab-runner@lineage-runner #1 Wed Jan 2 15:36:53 UTC 2019 /baseband N/A (not a cellular equipped device) /mods Gapps, SU
I have read the directions.