No accelerometer/compass on OnePlus 7 Pro (guacamole)
Working accelerometer and compass.
After installing LineageOS, accelerometer and compass do not work. For example, screen autorotation does not work, and the Phyphox app from F-Droid lists the accelerometer, gyroscope, magnetometer, light and pressure sensor as unavailable.
I tried to install the latest OxygenOS (OnePlus7ProOxygen_21.E.22_OTA_022_all_1911070324_0381f14d3c97401a.zip), and with this system, sensors are working again. Going back to LineageOS - the sensors are unavailable.
Steps to Reproduce
The steps to install LineageOS on my system:
- connect it via USB, unlock the bootloader, enter the fastboot mode, and install TWRP: fastboot boot twrp-3.3.1-4-guacamole.img
- wipe -> format data, advanced wipe -> select system, dalvik -> wipe
- install lineageos using adb sideload
- adb push twrp-installer-3.3.1-4-guacamole.zip /sdcard
- install the twrp from zip
- reboot the system before installing gapps [NOTE: this is different to what LineageOS install instructions for guacamole recommend, but trying to install gapps directly as described in LineageOS instructions lead either to the "insufficient space on /system partition" error, or incorrect architecture error - twrp suggested to use "arm" instead of "arm64", which is plain wrong. Doing one more reboot here apparently fixes the problem, and gapps can be installed in the next step)
- after the boot finishes, reboot back to recovery
- adb push open_gapps-arm64-9.0-pico-20191221.zip /sdcard/
- install opengapps from recovery
- reboot the system.
I will attach the dmesg, find /sys, and find /dev output from the freshly installed lineageos. dmesg-lineageos.txt
/device guacamole /version lineage-16.0 /date 2019-12-24 /kernel 4.14.83-perf-g268d654 /baseband /mods open_gapps-arm64-9.0-pico-20191221.zip twrp-3.3.1-4-guacamole.img
I have read the directions