Allow ID input from card scanner
License and Copyright Notice
By submitting this issue or commenting on this issue, or contributing any content to this issue, you certify under the Developer Certificate of Origin that the content you post may be licensed under GPLv3 (for code) or CC-BY-SA 4.0 International (for non-code content).
- I have searched for, and did not find, an existing issue at the top-level.
Story 1: As a staff member I want to be able to scan client ID cards to enter their ID number so that I do not have to type it in.
Story 2: As a staff member I want to be able to enter ID numbers manually so that I can enter ID numbers when the client does not have a card to scan.
- Independent (of other issues in flow)
- Negotiable (and negotiated)
- Valuable (the value to an identified role has been identified)
Estimable (the size of this story has been estimated using
/weight valueor the menu on the right)
- Small (can be completed in 50% or less of a single iteration)
- Testable (has testable acceptance criteria)
Appropriate role labels have been applied (e.g.,
Relevant activity labels have been applied (e.g.,
- Linked to related issues, epics, and milestones.
Scenario: Scanning ID card for ID number Given the client has an ID card to scan and the cursor is in the ID number field When an ID card is scanned and the ID number with guard characters is "typed" Then the guard characters are stripped and only the 7-digit ID number appears in the field
Scenario: Typing ID number Given the staff member is typing the ID number When the 7-digit ID number is typed into the ID number field Then the 7-digit ID number appears in the field