Games for Windows LiveLessNess. A complete Games For Windows - LIVETM (GFWL) rewrite.
With GFWL being slowly phased out and many online features disappearing across the range of titles/games using that library, the idea is to rewrite or stub all aspects of it. Doing so also improves one's ability to reverse engineer (and improve) the titles themselves due to the anti-debugging measures present within the original module. Games For Windows / GFWL is a gaming platform by Microsoft. It is basically Xbox Live for PC. This project replaces GFWL (xlive.dll) and aims to be a decentralised alternative that has nearly all the same features without the requirement to sign up.
See the Releases Page.
GFWL Title/Game Compatibility List
See the list of Games for Windows Titles and their current compatibility with this project on this page.
Official XLLN-Hub Server
A Hub server is being hosted on
glitchyscripts.com:1100 for those needing a way to easily connect to each others games.
Don't know how to connect to this Hub server? Read the FAQ!
Official Discord Server
A community server for all things XLiveLessNess. This server also acts as a hub for communities that utilise XLLN. Do you want to connect to a community of people for an old GFWL game that seems to have died out? This is the place to go to revive those sadly abandoned games!
Discord invite link: TBA
- An FAQ for regular users of XLiveLessNess which also serves as a general guide can be found on this page.
- An FAQ for developers and advanced users wanting to know how the internals work can be found on... TODO
Bugs, Issues and Improvements
Check the issues board for existing issues and feature improvements. If you have an issue or reasonable feature request then create a ticket there for it.
Other XLLN Repositories / Resources
- XLLN-Hub Server Repository - for rebroadcasting packets and host/session information to other XLLN clients.
- XLLN-Modules Repository - to enhance some aspect of one or many GFWL Games/Titles or XLiveLessNess itself.
- XLLN-Wrappers Repository - wrappers for existing DLLs (with the possibility for tracing/logging) or may also exist to re-implement it in some cases. These wrappers also serve to invoke all present XLLN-Modules in the case that XLiveLessNess is not installed.
Want to help out?
- Developers are encouraged to start with XLLN-Modules or XLLN-Wrappers for improving particular Titles or features before working on the core project (xlive.dll). Please talk to Glitchy Scripts before working on any major functionality.
- Not a developer? You can still help by moderating the community, writing documentation / FAQs, checking Title compatibility, and generally being active in the community.
- Donate money - I/we are not taking donations at this time.