Small guide in Readme on how to compile (for translators)
- I am currently translating to German.
- I cloned the repository and opened it with Android studio.
- I'm trying to test the translations by compiling the app.
Now since I (and surely other translators) are not familiar with the Android ecosystem, we only have a basic understanding of how to compile the apk. This makes properly testing very hard.
Other projects I contributed to had a simple
Run configuration in Android Studio, but your project seems to miss it.
gradle assembleDebug has also proven unsuccessfull
Build file 'G:\Sonstiges\Quinb\android\app\build.gradle' line: 11 * What went wrong: A problem occurred evaluating project ':app'. > Flutter SDK not found. Define location with flutter.sdk in the local.properties file.
- (Make the build system as intuitive as possible to use)
- Dedicate a section in your Readme.md to
Building(take big projects as a reference, as they almost always have one), that details the setup process on a fresh device in a few steps from cloning the project to getting the
Great thanks if you do this.
Also, this will potentially help other developers get familiar with the project more easily.