Web+docs working day at FOSDEM 2023
This is a planning document for the web+docs working day in Brussels on February 6. It will be held at the DoubleTree, the same hotel we're using for CentOS Connect, in the Birch room on the first floor.
Before the event
Secure the venue.
Create an agenda.
Write up the recommended pre-work.
If you plan to attend, add your name directly below if you have edit privs. Otherwise, leave a comment and we'll add you.
- Shaun McCance (@smccance)
- Davide Cavalca (@dcavalca)
- Amy Marrich (@spotzz)
- Adam Samalik (@asamalik)
- Quentin Deslandes (@naccyde)
- Onboarding docs
- Deploying the vision statement
- Upstreaming RHEL docs
- Consolidating docs.centos.org and sigs.centos.org
- Need to audit/strategize content on centos.org
- What do we do about the wiki
- On ending wiki: Davide found tool to make static export. Team to make a static archive as we migrate away.
- Shaun to write up how technical howto on rebranding RHEL docs to CentOS.
- What to use about docs that aren't RHEL? Could use another wiki. Fedora uses Mediawiki, not happy with it. Proposal to stand up sites with mkdocs, like sigs site.
- Shaun to announce: Sunsetting wiki and archival. Establish events.centos.org and sigs.centos.org as SSGs. docs.centos.org as splash. Quick docs and other non-RHEL will be mkdocs.
- Discourse: migrate user mailing lists to Discourse. Revisit for docs, promo devel.
- Forums: phpbb has static site exporter. When we shut down, do static export with banner pointing to discourse/etc.
- Somebody to design landing page for sigs.centos.org.
- SIG wiki stuff to all move to sigs.centos.org.
- Somebody to request/design/implement events.centos.org.
- Create landing for docs.centos.org, pointing to various places, then move over any quick docs from wiki to keep.
- Go over wiki to find policies or anything that should be on www.