Propose a process in substitution of the current WIP in Merge Requests
The current WIP is suboptimal from the Review process point of view. We need to find a new one. Using the name of the Merge Request to highlight process states is a bad practice. No matter which management tool we are talking about, it should provide eays to define different states of a process. Gitlab uses labels that allow to create simple workflows.
This tasks intends to evaluate and propose a new process and find consensus around it to manage the fact that people work in Merge Requests their commits until it gest to a point in which they want to highlight they should be reviewed.
- Evaluate the current process together with @tristanvb and @jjardon
- Propose a new process in the mailing list.
- Get consensus around it.
- Establish a date to start implementing it and the interim time window..
- Add the new process to the HACKING.bst policy document.
- Adapt the current Merge Requests to the new process.
- Communicate the ending of the interim process.
- Link to the proposal sent to the mailing list:
- Link to the new policy in HACKING.bst
- Relevant dates:
- New process implementation starts:
- Interim window:
- New policy fully working: