Certificate of origin: proposal
As a community project, we do not want any CLA but at least we need to guarantee that, as employees, any of us as contributors or GNOME as foundation who host the project is sent to court because we are distributing code that is not original but copied from another source. In order to avoid this, contributors should sign a CoO (Certificate of Origin). The idea of this tasks is to make, evaluate and potentially approve such measure.
The tasks to execute are:
Create a proposal.
- Evaluate the current state of this topic in GNOME.
- Include examples
- Be clear about what do we need it.
- Be clear about the differences with a CLA
- Include in the proposal how it will be implemented and where in our contents will be include it sexistance and the CoO itself.
- Send the proposal to the mailing list for discussion.
- Get consensus
- If approved, create a document and add it to the policies folder in the alignment repo.
The implementation of the certification of origin signature will be a matter of a different ticket
- Link to the proposal sent to the mailing list:
- Link to the final proposal: