Evaluate the notification API on Gitlab.com to create a custome notification profile
There are people at BuildStream that wants to receive notifications from all projects but would like to avoid those who only affect to metadata. Gitlab has a Notification API for such cases.
The tasks to do are the following:
- Evaluate the custom notification profile that by default offers gitlab.com
- Evaluate if the Notification API can be configured for gitlab.com
- Evaluate if there is a possibility to create a custom notification profile that avoids metadata changes from being notified.
- If the profile can be created at gitlab.com then assign an engineer to create a script that make use of the API and create a custom profile.
- Once created and tested, announce it in the mailing list.
The API settings are documented.
- Link to the script or program that define the notification profile:
- Link to the communication about the new notification profile on the mailing list: