Use static XML respones for Unit Tests
Instead using Subsonic test server it could make sense to use static XML for all relevant API request. With this set up all data combinations could be simulated and the tests are more reliable and stable.
It would also make sense to create these kind of test-connectors for all other services like last.fm or MusicBrainz.
- Export and store XML responses from Subsonic test server
- Define Interfaces for all important conncetors like Subsonic, Madsonic, MusicBrainz etc.
- Let standard connectors classes inherit from these new interfaces
- Implement test-connectors using these new interfaces
- Align test cases for the new test-connectors
- Add a real server check to see if a specific API request works at all to the Subsonic test server