Workaround for rate limiting
This is a possible workaround for rate limiting issue.
- Rate limiting seems to be happening only for 'listing' operations - like search and fetch list of apps.
- Opening an app directly works and allows install.
To install an app, after anonymous login, one could take following steps -
- Open your device's Settings app.
- Tap Apps & notifications → See all apps.
- Scroll down and tap Aurora Store.
- Under Open by default -> Open supported links, select Open in this app.
- Search for the app in a browser, outside the app. Visit the Play Store URL for the app.
- Copy the Play Store URL and create a clickable link from it, e.g., by pasting it another app. I used Notally (not owned by me) and selected the text to create link.
- Click the link. You should be asked to select an app. Select Aurora Store to open the app in Aurora Store.
- You should be able to install the app now.
This process of creating a link could by bypassed if app allows pasting a package URL in 'Search' screen and opens the app page directly from it (without actual searching).
Another possibility could be to make the 'listing' requests without the auth token (like it happens in a browser without sign in). This could be controlled by a switch in preferences.