Welcome to 8BitForce's RetroShield project.
RetroShield boards let you execute code on real 8bit microprocessors with the help of Arduino or Teensy emulating the rest of the hardware environment. If you build SBC's with various microprocessors, you will find RetroShield useful - you can breadboard your hardware using software.
I have a sweet spot for 8-bit microprocessors, because I think they were man’s best friend: simple to understand, easy to build upon, but reliable and capable to help us achieve a lot. So my goal is to experience each one of them, hence this project.
- Theory of Operation - 6502, 6809E
- How to run your own code on RetroShield
- How to add 128KB SPI-RAM to Arduino
- How to run gEDA and PCB on Windows 10
- gEDA and PCB Setup Instructions
- How to solder SMT components